Join the Independent Hair and Beauty Retailer Association today and access our network of over 35,000 retailers and partners. We are a leading resource for insight within current retail hair and beauty trends and industry updates. Our members get exclusive access to data points, powerful tools for business success, and networking opportunities that propel their business opportunities to new heights.
CREATIVE WAYS TO PROMOTE YOUR BEAUTY PRODUCT
And This is How YOU Can Take Advantage
Beauty products are very essential. Everyone has at least one beauty product. It could be the beauty soap, the skin moisturizer etc. These products have massive demands but the supply is almost at par with it. There are several large manufacturers who are involved in beauty products manufacturing. Thus, the average manufacturer must be very creative with the promotion of the products. Some of the creative ways are highlighted below.
- Beauty shows: something a skin care business identifies mostly with is radiance in skin tone, complexion and the guard against skin diseases. Organizing beauty shows to show these off is a great way of promoting the business. By this, the skin care business identifies with the products used by the models and sells the product to as many people as possible. The beauty show is a way of showing that a product is effective and it is worth going for. Popular brands organize these beauty shows as a marketing strategy. This method helps the producer relate with the average user.
- The model series: having and signing modeling contracts with one or two customers is a great way to boost sales. Hundreds would enter for the competition and thus would draw the attention of several others to the products. The models could be selected via a contest where many would follow and vote and the winners announced after going through several stages. This would invariably shoot up sales for the products.
- Direct marketing: this is personal interaction with customer via mail. This is direct from advertisement in the sense that it reaches the customer directly; advertisement is to the general public. The producer works with a mailing list through which he sends mails to customers. Direct marketing helps in advertising to customers directly. The mail usually contains information on promotions, offers, new products, coupons and many others.
- Identify with models and celebrities: models and celebrities are social influencers – they have a strong effect on fans. A beauty product brand can work to get a celebrity identify with the brand and this would give exponential sales to the product. The beauty product, if used in a movie or seen in a celebrity’s collection, can help sell that product fast. For instance, a pop singer that gets a million views for a video in hours can pitch the beauty product in hours to millions.
- The social media: a very effective way of pushing a product to millions is via social media. Facebook has, arguably, over a billion users and utilizing these social media platforms can help boost the popularity of the beauty product business. The beauty product business can have a platform on YouTube or Instagram where beauty tips can be given and this would help generate millions of users for this beauty product business. Also, having a social media platform gives the business the opportunity to relate directly with the average user and also get users by attracting more followers.