10 TIPS FOR MARKETING BEAUTY PRODUCTS
And This is How YOU Can Take Advantage
Beauty products are many in the market and beating the competition is the goal of every producer. Here are ten tips to market beauty products.
- Brand ambassadors: these are celebrities and social influencers who can be used to boost the sales of a particular product. They can be contracted to associate with the product.
- Beauty blog or vlog: these are online platforms where the producer can market his product by giving beauty tips and suggesting his product for awesome effects. A blog is written and could attract followers while a vlog is in video and could also attract followers.
- Advertisement: this is very essential as it is the creation of awareness to the general public about a product. The beauty product manufacturer must ensure mass and social media advertisement of the product. Advertisements tell a lot about the product and why it should be the buyer’s choice.
- Identification with events: a beauty product can be associated with events like public holidays or could be made to be in support of a cause. This shows the people that the producer is in tune with happenings in the society.
- Direct marketing: this is a great way of reaching customers directly. This is by advertising to the customers via mail and telling them about promotions, offers and new products. Direct marketing is used by many companies as they connect with thousands of customers via this platform. This is direct while advertisement is to the general public.
- Trade shows: trade shows are events to exhibit and interact with present and prospective customers. At a trade show, a hair care product manufacturer can introduce people to his products. A trade show is always an opportunity to network with distributors and retailers.
- Personal selling: this method is very effective as it brings together the seller and the buyer – the manufacturer being the seller and the final consumer being the buyer. It helps create a relationship between the two. This is simply the brand having its own retail arrangements so as to sell directly to consumers.
- Supporting beauty events and competitions: fashion pageantry and other beauty shows can be supported to boost the image of the brand. It is bound to get much more popular after being associated with an event like that. It may be expensive to support but the dividends pays out in patronage.
- Rack jobbers: these are sales representatives of brands who occupy a space in a retail outlet to sell their product. The rack jobber is able to convince customers who visit the retail outlet to check out his product and this goes a long way in fostering customer relationship.
- Brand distributors: these persons have to distribute to stores and thus they would have to convince or pitch their products to retailers. They have to be able to market to several retailers to keep the producer in manufacturing. They go a long way in establishing the product in the market.
Join Now, Grow Your Network!
Join the Independent Hair and Beauty Retailer Association today and access our network of over 35,000 retailers and partners. We are a leading resource for insight within current retail hair and beauty trends and industry updates. Our members get exclusive access to data points, powerful tools for business success, and networking opportunities that propel their business opportunities to new heights.